The less well known specialist and challenger banks are putting the big high street banks to shame with some excellent savings rates currently on offer.
If you want to earn a higher return on your savings, now’s the time to switch to an account offering one of the best returns available.
Savings rates are slowly edging upwards and Inflation (CPI) is now starting to ease so it’s a double dose of good news for savers.
Here are some of the very latest top paying accounts.
If you need instant access to your cash then Marcus is paying 1.50% AER (includes a 0.15% bonus which expires after 12 months), alternatively Cynergy Bank 1.50% AER and Ford Money Flexible Saver 1.42% AER both offer easy access to your cash without any restrictions on the number of withdrawals you can make.
Locking your cash away will earn you a higher return and here are some of the top picks at present:
- A 95 day notice account from Charter Savings Bank pays 1.90% AER
- 1 Year fixed rate bond – Gatehouse Bank 2.15 or Aldermore at 2.10% AER%
- 2 Year fixed rate bond – Aldermore 2.35% AER or OakNorth at 2.31% AER
- 3 Year fixed rate bond – Gatehouse Bank 2.45% AER or Tandem Bank 2.40% AER
Information correct as at 4th February 2019 – all the above providers are protected by the FSCS (Financial Services Compensation Scheme).
- Mainstream credit card rates unchanged in 2020 – for now - June 16, 2020
- Best Buy Fixed Rate Savings – 22nd May - May 22, 2020
- Best Cash ISA products for the new tax year – updated 13th May - May 13, 2020