The less well known specialist and challenger banks are putting the big high street banks to shame with some excellent savings rates currently on offer.
If you want to earn a higher return on your savings, now’s the time to switch to an account offering one of the best returns available.
Savings rates are slowly edging upwards and Inflation (CPI) is now starting to ease so it’s a double dose of good news for savers.
Here are some of the very latest top paying accounts.
If you need instant access to your cash then Marcus is paying 1.50% AER (includes a 0.15% bonus which expires after 12 months), alternatively Cynergy Bank 1.50% AER and Ford Money Flexible Saver 1.42% AER both offer easy access to your cash without any restrictions on the number of withdrawals you can make.
Locking your cash away will earn you a higher return and here are some of the top picks at present:
- A 95 day notice account from Charter Savings Bank pays 1.90% AER
- 1 Year fixed rate bond – Gatehouse Bank 2.15 or Aldermore at 2.10% AER%
- 2 Year fixed rate bond – Aldermore 2.35% AER or OakNorth at 2.31% AER
- 3 Year fixed rate bond – Gatehouse Bank 2.45% AER or Tandem Bank 2.40% AER
Information correct as at 4th February 2019 – all the above providers are protected by the FSCS (Financial Services Compensation Scheme).
Latest posts by Andrew (see all)
- Ten of the Best Cash Savings Accounts September 2019 - September 9, 2019
- Low cost Personal Loans from £2,000 to £25,000 August 2019 - August 30, 2019
- Student Bank Accounts – all the details you need to choose the best account - August 15, 2019