It’s been announced today that Co-operative Bank is withdrawing it’s £150 current account switching incentive from this Friday 11th November.
This is a blow to those who were thinking of making the move but haven’t got round to it as the golden hello on offer is one of the biggest up front incentives ever seen, however that doesn’t mean people should now dismiss the Co-op Bank current account – far from it.
With Lloyds Bank, Santander, TSB and Halifax all announcing cuts to credit interest and or rewards offers in recent weeks, it’s still possible to earn £5.50 per month with the Co-op Bank deal.
For those not familiar with the offer, you can earn £4 in monthly rewards if you meet the following five simple requirements:
- Pay in a minimum of £800 per month
- Stay in credit or within your agreed overdraft limit
- Log on to mobile or online banking at least once per month
- Agree to opt for paperless statements
- Pay out at least 4 direct debits from your account
On top of this you will earn 5p per debit card purchase up to a maximum of £1.50 (that’s max 30 transactions) per month.
In terms of what’s available on the market at the moment it’s a fair reward scheme giving people something back for simply running their bank account – there are no really onerous hoops to jump through or minimum balance requirements, so it definitely justifies some further consideration if you’re in the market for a new bank account.
- Barclays waives overdraft interest – how much will it save you? - March 26, 2020
- New Best Buy Fixed Rate Savings Bonds - March 24, 2020
- Cash ISA Best Buys – Updated 12th March – top rates disappearing fast - March 12, 2020